Sunday 29 March 2020

Through The Window - The Virtual Exhibition

Thank you everyone who got involved in this week's Through The Window Challenge! We had drawings, paintings, collage and 3D models using pencils, felt pens, paint, general household objects, natural materials and recycling.

Click here to enter the exhibition. Below it you will find more details on each piece of art work.

Through The Window from Art@MG on Vimeo.


Here's how Klaudia described her art work:

"This is a bedroom I want to have in the future. It is made from a catalogue's pictures and materials I found at home. It is called 'My Future Room'." 


This is Klaudia's younger brother's window ...made up of small windows using scraps of material.

Syeda and her little brother painted this together - View Through A Window.

"This is my wonderful exercise bike by my window.I made it by taking a photo, printing it, colouring over some parts in felt pen, then chopping it up so it was a bit more abstract. I still can't think of a title for it!' - Miss Jennings.


"We took a picture of Ameerah looking through the window, printed it for her and blurred out the windows. She then made a picture imagining herself looking out at the beach whilst being stuck indoors. She used some arts and crafts and some stuff from the kitchen to complete her picture. We hope you like it as much as Ameerah does as she misses art club a lot and is enjoying doing it at home for now."

"I drew a Dove, through my window, representing peace and love and used a cotton bud for blending and shading."




For his challenge, Lek decided to make a zoo Through The Window with a lion who has escaped and chasing the birds!
He said even though we can’t see the zoo now we can see it again one day!



Dorothy used her actual window for her art work. Can you see what she used and how she did it?

"I had too many ideas so I decided to ignore them and do a  watercolour picture Through My Window!"

Yousuf gave his art the title: Blue Sky, Isolated Garden.
"My daughter, Malaika, and I painted a rainbow on our window as a sign of unity and community spirit!" - Tahira


"This picture is my imagined view of the seaside from my window."- Amelia



"My picture is called 'I Miss My Bike'. I created a collage picture from an old Argos catalogue and glued it down with PVA glue. If you haven't got PVA glue you can use a flour and water mix (1 part flour to 1 part water)" 



Aliya drew lots of things Through The Window. Can you spot them all?


"This is the view Through My Window in my imagination." - Celine


Joanna painted some blossom trees Through Her Window.

"Maja drew what we see Through The Window..... 

.....and also what we do not see but exists as well (bacteria)"


"I drew The Ironman looking through a window, using a black felt pen, then spreading the ink with a bit of water to shade it. It looks a little bit like watercolour paint."


Amelia drew a very happy looking flower, colouring it in with felt pens.



Ms Kent's son, Lucas, getting involved in this week's MG Art Club challenge. Using things he saw 'Through The Window' he made a natural collage (with a little help from his mum). He looks VERY happy with the results!


Aleeza concentrated on some very careful colouring for her Through The Window picture.

Martha created a Through The Window scene, using a cardboard box and some of her toys. Where do you thing her scene is set?

Malaika created this picture using water paint and HB pencil for shading with a little help from her older sister. 


"When I look through the window I see the sun setting peacefully,while reflecting onto a river. I did a sunset sky because I think they're very pretty and quite easy to draw." - Aleena

Amelia drew a friendly butterfly, coming right up to her window!


Adam, Zakariya and Sofia worked together, creating a whole window of art with a very special message


Mohammad Rayan wishes he could see dinosaurs from his window!

Lyna drew a colourful butterfly on her window.

Meanwhile her brother drew a lovely, sunny spring-like day. He called it: "Spring with flowers, an apple tree and some bees" 


He also drew "A Rainbow Butterfly"

Ammarah has drawn this view from her window, attempting to use perspective, using felt pens.


Luisa has some questions for you about her piece of art:
  • Can you spot the climbing primate?
  • Do you know what species it is? 
  • Where does this cute monkey live?
  • Is this species big or small?
  • Do you think I can actually see it from my window in Walthamstow? Why?

"Here's my interpretation- I see a storm brewing but actually when I take a sip of my drink the sun shines through! I really enjoyed drawing it and forgot about all the worries of the world."


"I love doing jigsaws. luckily this one had a Through The Window picture on it!!"


Thank you for coming to our first virtual exhibition. 

Look out for a new challenge....coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment