Monday 23 March 2020

Welcome To The MG Virtual Art Club!

Hello. We hope you are all keeping well and safe at home. 
Art is a great activity to do at home, where you may have more resources than you realise.
Therefore we are launching a weekly Art Challenge, as we know how creative you Mission Grove children are. Adults, older and younger siblings feel free to join in.
Art can brighten up all our days!

This week's theme is:

THROUGH THE WINDOW

Artists have often used a window as a ready made frame for their ideas.


  • As the artist, are you looking in or out of the window?
  • What do you see? Is it real or imagined?
  • Is it day or night? Summer, autumn, spring or winter? What is the weather like?
  • Are there any people or animals in your picture or just objects?
  • What will you use to create it?
  • Are you going to create a model instead of a picture?
We've already had some THROUGH THE WINDOW art sent in from:

MISS JENNINGS


"This is my wonderful exercise bike by my window. I made it by taking a photo, printing it, colouring over some parts in felt pen, then chopping it up so it was a bit more abstract. I can't think of a title for it though - can you? Let me know and good luck with your ideas; I'm looking forward to seeing them!"

ROSE


"My picture is called 'I Miss My Bike'. I created a collage picture from an old Argos catalogue and glued it down with PVA glue. If you haven't got PVA glue you can use a flour and water mix (1 part flour to 1 part water) I'm so looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Any old recycled materials you find around the house can make a great collage"

TAHIRA


"My daughter and I painted a rainbow on our window as a sign of unity and community spirit! You could do the same. Good luck!"

MISS HARDING


"I drew The Ironman looking through a window, using a black felt pen, then spreading the ink with a bit of water to shade it. It looks a little bit like watercolour paint. My Ironman is looking pretty miserable though, so I'm hoping all your fantastic art will cheer him up and get him smiling by the end of the week!"

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR ART WORK:

  • Take a photo of your creation (or ask someone else to)
  • Send it to MGartclub@missiongrove.org.uk
  • Remember to add your name and age to the e-mail
THE DEADLINE: Friday lunchtime 27th March (12.00pm)

WHAT NEXT?

  • Look out for the first MG Virtual Art Exhibition, which will be opening over the weekend - all welcome.
  • We'll post some extra ideas or examples from some of you as you enter over the week.

GOOD LUCK and we'll leave you with some famous artists THROUGH THE WINDOW creations to look at and talk about.
  • Which one do you like best and why? 
  • What about other members of your family? 

Edward Hopper 

Juan Gris 

Picasso

Roy Lichtenstein 

Marcel Duchamp

Matisse

Rene Magritte

Marc Chagall

4 comments:

  1. "I like the animals and the details on the last picture. It is Paris because I can see Eiffel Tower.And my brother said there is red,white,bluec just like on the French flag"-Klaudia, Kittiwake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Klaudia. I'm glad you like that one. it has got a lot going on in it. Well done to your brother for spotting the use of red white and blue too. Are you going to do a THROUGH THE WINDOW piece of art yourself? Looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extra bonus points if you can spot my punctuation error above!!

    ReplyDelete