Sunday 5 April 2020

FaceTime - The Exhibition

Hello and welcome to the second MG Art Club Virtual Exhibition

We've had some great art submitted this week, ranging from sketched pencil portraits, to ones done in colouring pencils, felt pens, collage and paint. Some have been realistic, some abstract; while others have focused on the use of technology to communicate. They are many, varied and all wonderful. Thank you so much for taking part.

Click below to enter the exhibition. Below that you will find some more information abbot each of the pictures.






Maja - Goose
"I used aqua beads for my self-portrait with rainbow hair"


Yousuf - Kittiwake
"I did a portrait of my brother to suggest 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'. I wanted to highlight that in the current situation health is an important factor of life"





Ruibo - Magpie
Ruibo went big and bold in his abstract paintings, with added paint splatters.



Aisha - Chiff-Chaff
"I drew my friend Pauline because I haven't seen her for a long time."

Aleeza - Kingfisher
Aleeza did a great self portrait using colouring pencils and adding some shiny jewels.


Ms Harris
Ms Harris did a Picasso style picture, using Sharpie pens to colour it in.

Aliya - Grouse
"I drew my mum going to a great fancy party. It was lovely. I used spaghetti hair, tissue paper and made a glitter paper dress. She has a party blower so she can have fun. She looks fancy!"



Beloslava - Moorhen
Beloslava had a go at two different types of portrait - a realistic pencil sketch and an abstract one, very much in the style of Paul Klee!


Klaudia - Kittiwake
This week Klaudia did several portraits of her classmates. Any Kittiwakes looking at this can you recognise who they are?

Rose
Rose did a portrait of many of our favourite book characters, based on the famous Beatles album cover for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by Peter Blake. 
How many book characters can you spot and name?



Kacper - Year 1
Kacper has drawn a picture of his classmate, Ethan.



Faizan - Kittiwake
Faizan titled his painted portrait: "Miss O'Brien gets new glasses!"




Senna - Magpie
Senna submitted 3 pieces of art this week. "The first shows the usual way we connect with our family through Skype. But today was extra special as it was my Uncle's birthday."

"The other two pictures are of my favourite toy - the first one in coloured pencil and the second in mixed media."


Isla - Merlin
Isla used felt pens for this bright self-portrait.



Casper - Kittiwake
"I drew a portrait of my mum in pencil." He was very excited to then do an abstract portrait.



Mrs Brash
Mrs Brash did a self portrait, using a profile and front on picture combined - very Picasso!



Rayan - Chaffinch
"I wish I could FaceTime my favourite footballer......Messi!"



Danil - Goldfinch
"I call this painting 'Blue Face'."


Lyna - Nursery
"I painted Spiderman!"



Danil & Lyna's Mum
"I painted a picture of my mum. I miss her so much."


Tahira
Tahira used emoji faces to show all the different emotions she feels, while doing a variety of activities....including watching Netflix!



Hussain - Wren
Hussain drew two portraits, using pencil and colouring pencils - it looks like he has been influenced by Modigliani!



Miss Conroy 
Miss Conroy has sent in this portrait picture - look how she has used bold lines for the outline and softer lines for shading.



Connie - Buzzard
Connie has tried to do a profile and full on face, Picasso style picture - very tricky for someone so young, so great work!



Haidar - Wagtail
Haidar has shown FaceTime in action in this felt pen portrait of both him and his sister.



Kathleen - Chaffinch
Kathleen drew and painted this face, before adding some googley eyes, for added effect!



Mya - Nursery
May completed this portrait using felt pens - look at those extra long eye lashes!


Ms Harding
"I made a cut up collage from a photo of Miss Jennings, then drew it & coloured it to create an abstract portrait of her. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with the results!"



Ammarah - Kestrel
"I drew a picture of me and my cousin on FaceTime using felt pens."



Hassan - Kinglet
Hassan set his portrait outside, drawing a boy in a cap, using pencil and colouring pencils.


Fletcher - Goldcrest
Fletcher chose to do a portrait of Spiderman using marker pens.



Rose
Rose drew herself FaceTiming Tahira. Around it she has written all the things that are important when she speaks to her and what they speak about.


Thank you all for getting involved. Watch out for a very special challenge next week. 
See you then!

PS: We've also had some extra Art sent in which wasn't FaceTime related but is so good we wanted to share it with you: 









Rayyan & Yaseen have been VERY busy this week creating a rainbow wall of hope and going on to make some excellent Elmer elephants from small milk bottles! 



Finally here are a couple of late entries for last week's Through The Window challenge by Alishba & Faizan.

Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment